We are looking to hire a full-time or part-time WordPress implementer, or entry-level frontend developer, to start working on or around February 1st, 2018.
- Provide WordPress website support for employees and clients
- Update themes, plugins, and other backend tools/services
- Edit or customize themes using HTML and CSS
- Modify and customize third-party themes (and child themes) based on design mockups and feedback from clients
- Create and update in-house custom/proprietary themes based on design mockups and feedback from clients
- Test websites on a variety of devices and browsers
- Review existing websites and suggest ways to improve and optimize the design/UI/UX
- May assist with other marketing and administrative activities if needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn new ideas, skills, and technologies
- Commitment to quality and punctuality
- Interest in online marketing and website design, development, and implementation
Would Be Nice
- Basic knowledge of backend coding (PHP)
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop
We are more concerned about the applicant’s eagerness to learn than her/his diploma(s). College or no college, send us your résumé, if you think you are a good candidate for the position.
While some relevant job experience would be helpful, we are also open to interviewing candidates who do not have a lot of professional experience but have basic knowledge and understanding of WordPress. Ability and eagerness to learn are way more important than experience.
$15 – $20 / hour
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with a paid 1-hour lunch break, Monday – Friday
(We are open to converting this to a part-time position, if needed.)
Benefits (Full-time Only)
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Paid time-off
- Half of paid day off every last Friday each month
- Free parking (first come, first serve)
- Small office
Immediately or two weeks from job acceptance date, whichever is more desirable to the applicant.
How to Apply
Email your résumé as a PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is optional. Feel free to include a portfolio or links to any past websites or other design work that you’ve done. Please do not call our office. We will set up interviews via email for efficiency purposes.