We are looking to hire a full-time C# .NET Web Developer (Full Stack or Back End) to start immediately. As a developer at Kapok Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of one or more web applications used by thousands of people every day.
You will work with an experienced and dedicated team that includes two other developers, one designer, and several other amazing people. We are a small, agile and business-savvy team. This position will give you the opportunity to contribute ideas and opinions about any aspect of our operations.
You will mostly work on several websites that are part of brands we own and operate that are predominantly concentrated in the automotive and powersports industries. You will work on the websites, backend applications to support them, and integrations with third-party services.
We also offer marketing, IT and business consulting services to other companies. That would not be part of the day-to-day tasks associated with this particular position.
We are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Within the next 3-9 months, we expect the team to return to full-time working from our office in downtown St. Petersburg.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Develop data layer, business/logic layer, and backend services for new website features.
- Write and test integrations between our infrastructure and other third-party applications.
- Test, review and update existing code to follow industry standards and best practices.
- Respond to high-end internal support requests regarding our websites and applications.
- Update and work with internally and externally managed open-source libraries.
- Work in and help manage a mixed (cloud and on-premise) infrastructure environment.
- Review existing offerings and suggest improvements for code, design and UI/UX.
- Participate in a daily 15-minute video conference to start the day.
- (Optional) Compete in a weekly game of Codenames with your fellow teammates.
- Assist with other development, IT and business related tasks.
- Assist with JS, SCSS, the view model and presentation layer.
- Assist with CI/CD pipeline process and other related DevOps tasks.
You should meet these requirements:
- 3+ years of professional experience in backend web development
- Strong understanding of C# and ASP.NET Core 3.1 and/or 5.0
- Ability to quickly become familiar with and work within a large existing code base
- Understanding of software architecture ideas like n-tier, MVC, and/or MVVM
- Experience working with multi-project solutions in Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Git
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong logic and problem-solving capabilities
- Willingness to learn new ideas, skills, and technologies
- Commitment to quality and punctuality
Would Be Nice
It would also be nice if you had any of the following:
- Experience with data feeds (JSON, XML, and/or CSV)
- Experience with APIs from services like Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, and/or CRMs
- Experience using Bitbucket, GitHub, Jira, Slack and/or other similar software
- Experience using npm, Webpack, and/or Babel
- Experience using Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience using Windows Server and/or a Linux server distribution
- Experience using MS SQL Server, MySQL Server and/or other database software
- Knowledge of Scrum, agile, and/or Kanban boards
- Knowledge of SEO concepts
- Interest in machine learning
- Interest in the automotive or powersports industry
- Interest in online marketing and business
A college degree or similar formal education in computer programming or a related field is a plus, but not required. We are more concerned about your existing knowledge, experience and eagerness to learn. College or no college, send us your résumé, if you think you are a good candidate for the position.
$65,000 – $80,000 annually
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET with a 1-hour lunch break, Monday – Friday
In the event of an IT emergency, you may need to work additional hours outside of your scheduled work.
Benefits (Full-time Only)
- Health insurance (medical and dental)
- Paid time-off
- Free parking (first come, first serve)
- Small office
Immediately or two weeks from job acceptance date, whichever is more desirable to the applicant.
Until the pandemic has subsided and/or widespread vaccination has occurred within Florida, the following temporary company policies are in place:
- Remote interview process.
- All non-emergency work and meetings performed remotely.
- Masks (N95 or equivalent) covering the mouth and nose are required at the office.
- Required social distancing for all in-person meetings.
How to Apply
Email your résumé as a PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is optional. Feel free to include links to your GitHub profile or other examples of past coding you’ve done. Please do not call our office. We will set up interviews via email for efficiency purposes.